Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Populating choice field in form with another already submited choice

Hi,

I created custom form app in powerapps

I'm using LookUp function to populate some new form fields with already submited forms. 

I have Dropdown1, which has all submited forms with their unique names.

In data fields in Default property i typed:

LookUp(MySharePointList, uniqueName = Dropdown1.Selected.uniqueName, SpecificColumnName)

It all works perfectly when I try to populate text fields, but it doesnt with choice, dropdown boxes. 

I understand that in choice powerapps expecting record values, not text, but i have no idea how to reach it.

Does anybody know the answer?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Populating choice field in form with another already submited choice

Hi @kuglarz96 ,

Did you mean that SpecificColumnName in your formula is a choice column, and you want to put this formula in the Default property of this SpecificColumnName's data card? 

If so, then I just tested with the same formula that it seems that I cannot reproduce your issue. This formula works for me perfectly.

Or did I misunderstand anything? Please feel free to tell.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Populating choice field in form with another already submited choice

@v-monli-msft 

SpecificColumnName is choice type. It has three numbers for example 185, 251, 300.

On SpecificColumnName's properties I put formula 

Default:
LookUp(MySharePointList, uniqueName = Dropdown1.Selected.uniqueName, SpecificColumnName)

Items:
Choices(MySharePointList.SpecificColumnName)

When I'm making new form, by clicking " + New " on sharepoint list, on my data card first I have 

2019-09-04_10-45-12.png

Then, I select the uniqueName on Dropdown1, and all my text fields update basen on what I chose in dropdown, but not choice data card. 

The point of app is that user should has two options of populate all fields - 1. type his own, new ones 2. base on already submited forms, and then correct some data if he wants to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,560)