cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamess
Level: Powered On

Population of Word Documents - A premium connector even for Office 365 Business Premium Users

Hi All

I was thrilled to see the announcment of new feature for Word document population and also conversion to PDF. I has shocked however to see that this is a premium connector. I have a customer with 100 users with Office 365 Business Premium licneses, with this being a premium connector, it means I can't use it for them. 

Why on earth would sending data from Powerapps to Word (of all things!!) for Office 365 Customers be regarded as premium feature, and force people to upgrade from the Powerapps for Office 365 plan. I think the PowerApps and Office teams should huddle in a room and think about this. 

Come on guys I dont think you have thought this one through very well..

Super disappointed.  

3 REPLIES 3
jamess
Level: Powered On

Re: Population of Word Documents - A premium connector even for Office 365 Business Premium Users

It's a complete contradiction of the licensing guide too...

Connector: It provides a way for users to connect their business data and leverage a set of pre-built actions and triggers to build their applications and workflows. Examples of connections: Common Data Service, SharePoint, SQL, OneDrive, Excel, Dynamics 365.

• Standard Connector: Data sources within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Examples: Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, LinkedIn. A list of standard connectors here.

• Premium Connector: Business systems beyond Microsoft 365, require PowerApps Plan 1 or Plan 2. Examples: DocuSign, Zendesk, Jira Software.

• Custom Connector: To support more tailored scenarios, you can build custom connectors with their own triggers and actions. These connectors are function-based - data is returned based on calling specific functions in the underlying service. Example: Services that are not available as prebuilt connectors.
• On-premises Connector: Access on-premises data using a gateway. Example: Microsoft SQL Server.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Population of Word Documents - A premium connector even for Office 365 Business Premium Users

Thanks for sharing your feedback @jamess and I'm sorry to hear this is affecting you in a negative way. I will share your comments with the team. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

I published this blog about a year ago before Microsoft released the Microsoft Word Connector.

https://masteroffice365.com/booking-form-leveraging-powerapps-microsoft-word/

It in essence does the exact same thing with the only noteable exception being it doesn't enable you to include and populate Repeating Sections in the Word template. But hey, it's free 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,840)