cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lonnarauh

Portal landing page does not allow for editing

Hi, 

My team and I are creating a portal on powerapps for a project demo. Every portal comes with a login page and a parent home page. Our parent home page generates an error saying that our homepage is disconnected anytime we try to add an element to the homepage. Is there a way to fix the issue of the home page disconnect? Or is there a way we can redirect our landing page to be to one of the child pages? 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @lonnarauh,

Can you try clearing the portal cache and see if that resolves it? Steps are outlined below. Note that you'll need to login as a user with the administrator web role.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/clear-server-side-cache 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

lonnarauh

We have attempted to clear the portal cache and restarting the portal in the admin center, unfortunately neither of those have fixed our disconnect issue. 

lonnarauh

Update: Our team went through the portal management app to the webpage templates and we were able to code the html from there. If you are experiencing this problem as well, it might be a viable solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,981)