cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biterbit
Advocate V
Advocate V

Possible bug: Editing label on locked datacard appears to work but reverts when saved

To reproduce the issue:

• Add a datacard to a form
  • Select the label control
  • Press f2 or double-click to select the label text
  • Edit the text

The text will appear in its edited form.

• Save the application

The text will be reverted to its previous value

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. I understand the explanation and the resulting behavior. From a user interface perspective, however, the current Edit form behavior is confusing as it allows a change which is, in fact, invalid. Ideally, the in-form editing should correctly mirror the properties editing behaviour and require unlocking of the control before label text editing is allowed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @biterbit ,

Could you please share a screenshot about your issue?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, the changes you made to the Label text within the locked Data card in the Edit form would not take effect within your Edit form.

In default, the Text property of the Label control within the locked Data card is set to following:

Parent.DisplayName

When you made changes to the Label text, and submit your Edit form successfully, your Edit form (including its child components) would be reset. So the Label text would be reset to its default value (Parent.DisplayName).

Currently, within PowerApps, if you want to change the Label text within a locked Data card, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

If you want to change the Label text within a Data card in a Edit form, you must unlock the Data card firstly, then change the DisplayName property of the Data card to a specific value, or change the Text property of the Label control to a specific value.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. I understand the explanation and the resulting behavior. From a user interface perspective, however, the current Edit form behavior is confusing as it allows a change which is, in fact, invalid. Ideally, the in-form editing should correctly mirror the properties editing behaviour and require unlocking of the control before label text editing is allowed.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,243)