cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mantastg08876
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Possible limitations with using additional SP list in a choice datacard? Not all items are shown in the dropdown

Hi all, 

Observed an issue where some values in  the Sharepoint list do not appear in the dropdown where that Sharepoint list is used as a datasource.

The formula I have for the Choice datacard is 

SortByColumns(Eng_list_Bal1.'Eng Number', "Eng_x0020_Number",Descending)

One of the observed values that are missing is 36264687

Screen 1 shows that this value appears in the Sharepoint list that I am using as a datasource;
Screen 2 shows that this vaue is omitted in the dropdown list (based on the descending order, it should be above the 36246537 value)

Perhaps someone knows if there is a solution to somehow reveal missing values? I have tried refreshing the datasource and reimport the Sharepoint list but these methods didn't help. Would sincerely appreciate any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This link provided solutions to avoid the limit of 500 items: https://michalguzowski.pl/how-to-overcome-500-items-limit-in-powerapps/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sayyed007amir
Resolver II
Resolver II

I think if you create a dummy record with same column value: 36264687, then check it appears on dropdown or not.
May be your value contains space.
Thanks

hi @sayyed007amir

Thanks! How could I add a dummy variable? I've checked the original source and the values did not contain spaces..

I another post related to my message, which reported that dropdowns have a limit of 500 or so items: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Drop-down-List-Items-Limites-to-500/td-p/988...

The accepted solution suggested creating a collection and then used it instead of Sharepoint list.. However, even have added a combobox and changed the Items source, I cannot find value: 36264687..

This link provided solutions to avoid the limit of 500 items: https://michalguzowski.pl/how-to-overcome-500-items-limit-in-powerapps/

View solution in original post

But as i looked over your scroll bar on screenshot, it was not like more than 500 records.
So don't worry about that.
Dummy means: create new record with same data(data: which is not showing in your dropdown).
Then see will work definitely.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,113)