cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebarondev

Possible to convert a powerapps list form to powerapps application?

Good morning. 

I've tried to convert a powerapps list form to powerapps application. Steps:

- export powerapps list form package

- delete the list form

- Import the package from the powerapps studio with a new name

> but it's not creating an application, just a copy of the powerapps list form

so, is it possible to manage this, I cannot find details for that subject.

Thnaks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Possible to convert a powerapps list form to powerapps application?

Hi @ebarondev ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to convert a custom form (created via PowerApps) in your SP list into a standalone canvas app?

If you want to convert a custom form (created via PowerApps) in your SP list into a standalone canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The custom form app (created via PowerApps) in a SP list is different from the standalone canvas app. The Custom form app (SharePoint Form App type) and the standalone canvas app (Standard App type) have different App type.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I haven't tried this, but the only real difference between the two is the SharePoint Integration object that you can see in the left panel. But I'm not sure how you would delete that, so I don't think there is an easy way to convert between an embedded form and a regular Powerapp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebarondev ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to convert a custom form (created via PowerApps) in your SP list into a standalone canvas app?

If you want to convert a custom form (created via PowerApps) in your SP list into a standalone canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The custom form app (created via PowerApps) in a SP list is different from the standalone canvas app. The Custom form app (SharePoint Form App type) and the standalone canvas app (Standard App type) have different App type.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ebarondev

our customer would like now to have a standalone canvas app rather than a custom list form created with powerapps. As I don't want to start from zero, I was hoping for a solution, but not suprise it's not possible for now. Thanks

Sofie_D Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Converting the app is not possible, but you could copy paste the controls from the list form into a standalone app, this should save you a lot of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,846)