cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landonjochim
Frequent Visitor

Possible to "Disable" a portion of a Text Input field within a Form

My Power App has a Form connected to a SharePoint list. I have a scenario where a user completes the form and submits. A different user reviews the form submission and asks questions or gives feedback to the user who created the form. The creator then comes back in and needs to answer the reviewer's question.

I would like the app to preserve the data that the creator originally entered in the "observations" field. But allow the creator to provide the answer to the reviewer's question in the same "observations" field. The original data the creator entered should not be editable. Meaning they cannot delete the original data they entered into the "observations" field. Almost if a portion of the field could be disabled, but still allow a user to enter text below it.

I know I could just create a second field for their response, but trying to keep everything in one field if possible.

Example of what I want

Creator: John

Reviewer: Sara

Steps:

1. John creates a new form and enters "Everything looks to be done correctly. Did not see any issues." to the Observations field.
  2. Sara reviews John's form and gives him some feedback that she wants to see more detail.
  3. John comes back into the form and wants to add detail to his observations. "Everything looks to be done correctly. Did not see any issues." is entered in the Observations field, but John cannot delete it. He can only add to it.

Assigned User Response Comments 11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @landonjochim ,

The only way to do this would be to have a second input field and append this to the original data. You could display the first one read-only. If this suits, happy to help with the code if you need.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @landonjochim ,

The only way to do this would be to have a second input field and append this to the original data. You could display the first one read-only. If this suits, happy to help with the code if you need.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

I decided to opt for the sperate field and just keep it separate. I was able to get it looking nice and am happy with it even without the append. Thanks for the response @WarrenBelz.

Take care.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (98,305)