cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Possible to replace custom Sharepoint form w/ PowerApps form?

I have a custom SP form that was built by a third party that I'd like to replace with a PowerApps embedded form. Not being an experienced web developer, I don't know what was used to create the existing form nor whether I can use the form code and styling in my PowerApp form. 

Existing form look and feel: 

image.png

Existing form source <head>: 

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<title></title>

<link href="/Content/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<link href="/Content/jquery-ui.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<link href="/Content/main.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<link href="/Content/bootstrap-datetimepicker.min.css" rel="stylesheet"/>

<script src="/Scripts/modernizr-2.6.2.js"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>

</head>
<body>

Can anyone in this (wonderful, great, SO cool) community tell me what type of form this is and how/if the styling can be integrated with a PowerApp embedded form? 

As always, thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aprildunnam
Power Participant
Power Participant

Best I can tell it's probably just HTML, CSS & JavaScript that make up that form.  You can certainly make a PowerApp look similar to what you have, unfortunately there isn't going to be an automated way of integrating that. PowerApps doesn't support CSS (Cascading Syle Sheets) which is what defines the styling/format of your current form.   So the process to re-create the look and feel you have will be a manual one of defining those style elements in your PowerApp.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aprildunnam
Power Participant
Power Participant

Best I can tell it's probably just HTML, CSS & JavaScript that make up that form.  You can certainly make a PowerApp look similar to what you have, unfortunately there isn't going to be an automated way of integrating that. PowerApps doesn't support CSS (Cascading Syle Sheets) which is what defines the styling/format of your current form.   So the process to re-create the look and feel you have will be a manual one of defining those style elements in your PowerApp.  

View solution in original post

Thank you for looking into this. While researching this further, I did come across this neat way to integrate CSS-like styling into PowerApps. The style doesn't cascade, but it does create a reference in the app that can be used on each screen. 

@Shanescows, you might check this link out as you often do something similar in your videos. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,475)