cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Possible to run an SQL Agent Job?

I have several agent jobs that it would be EXTREMELY helpful if Power Apps could run them (load and refresh some data from a feed).

Has anyone else done this?  They would be on an SQL Server that lives in IaaS not as Azure SQL Service.

6 REPLIES 6
Helper I
Helper I

Agent jobs usually run as scheduled tasks. What you could try is to create stored procedures and run these from triggers in the table being updated by PowerApps data?  Would that work?

Yes, that would be an option.

I take it there is no way to call a stored procedure from power apps directly?

That said, yeah I could make a table and then have the stored procedure UPDATE that table's record with "processing" and "completed" and then Power Apps could just refresh that view waiting for it to finish so the user gets confirmation when all is done.

That would be very nice if that was possible. I'm also looking for something like this

I read somewhere just recently that there was a way to now call stored procs from PowerApps. 

Does anyone one know how this can be done?

That would be helpful. I need this functionality also. Otherwise the trigger on value change idea will be necessary but not very neat as we are looking for code free solutions from Power apps.

Solved - The SQL Server connector does have this operation as standard. Namely Operation ID: ExecuteProcedure Called Execute Stored Procedure

Let's try it out.  Let me know how you go.

David Taylor

FAST LANE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE

www.fastlanebi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,438)