cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to save PDF images to CDS?

Is it possible to save PDF image attachments to a CDS entity?  If so, how?  The "Add picture" control doesn't seem to work for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently it is not possible.

It is possible for SharePoint list to upload attachments through the attachment control:

See the blog below for more details:

Add attachments to SharePoint lists

Quoted from the limitations:

"

Attachment upload only works with SharePoint list data sources. Support for other data sources will be introduced incrementally, starting with CDS.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDFs technically aren't images.  However, I believe if you search the PowerApps blog for an article a few months back, there is one mentioning adding attachment support (I cannot remember if this was limited to Sharepoint lists or if also it had been extended to CDS).

Also if you do a bit of Googling - there are a few articles on how to use MS Flow to do uploads (to various places).  I believe Paul Culmsee (SP?) was one of the authors.

About to run out of the office or I'd look it up for you, but hopefully this gives you what you need to get started! I'd love to hear your results though - I'll be actually trying attachments with PowerApps and CDS in the near future (its been on my radar for a while).

Brian

v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently it is not possible.

It is possible for SharePoint list to upload attachments through the attachment control:

See the blog below for more details:

Add attachments to SharePoint lists

Quoted from the limitations:

"

Attachment upload only works with SharePoint list data sources. Support for other data sources will be introduced incrementally, starting with CDS.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Last comment in July stated:

Attachment upload only works with SharePoint list data sources. Support for other data sources will be introduced incrementally, starting with CDS.

Are attachments now available in CDS,  or SQL Server on prem (through data gateway), or Azure DB ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,752)