[Potential Bug] CDM lookups

If I have the following entities:

• Car
    • Name:
    • Interior Color: Lookup to Color entity
    • exterior Color: Lookup to Color entity
  • Color
    • Name (used for lookups above)

When I open "Car" in Excel, and put "Red" for interior color, it puts "Red" for exterior color too. Instead of letting me choose 2 seperate colors. 

Assume this is a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arnonel,

We have reproduced this issue. It can be seen in both the Excel Add-in and in a PowerApps app, so the problem appears to be in the data layer. We are investigating more. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

- Chris

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Arnonel,

How did you create your custom entities? To reproduce this issue, could you provide your steps?

I created two entities Car and Color.
>About Color entity, I opened this entity in Excel and filled “Red” and “Blue” in the Excel, then Published it.
>About Car entity, I added two Custom fields(Interior Color and Exterior Color) and set these two entities to Lookup to Color entity. When I opened this entity in Excel, I can choose separate colors in each column.

Please make sure you create proper Custom entities and Custom fields. This article about building a relationship between entities in the Common Data Model could be a reference for you.

The article link is:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/data-platform-entity-lookup/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Seriously? 

This feels like a canned respone.

I have tried to keep it as simple as possible.

Can you at least tell me if this is an expected behaviour or a bug?

(You dont really want me to say: "I click 'create entity', I create a lookup, etc" do you? From below it should be fairly self explanetory.

Hi Arnonel,

We have reproduced this issue. It can be seen in both the Excel Add-in and in a PowerApps app, so the problem appears to be in the data layer. We are investigating more. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

- Chris

No worries, thank you for looking into it. Thought I was going crazy.

ETA for resolution?

No ETA yet since we just started looking at it. We'll update this thread when we know more.

Thanks

Any update please?

Apparently this bug didn't get prioritized by one of our teams. I'm following up...

This bug is now assigned and hopefully will be fixed in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for checking in on it! 🙂

Hi Arnonel,

We are working on a fix for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,623)