cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Potential bug in 2.0.660, re: NewForm, cancelling, and viewing existing records on same form

I have a Gallery ("GalleryCells") listing records that have a standard icon linking to another Screen with: Navigate(EphysExpCell,None)

And there is a 'New Record' button with the following OnSubmit:

NewForm(FormEditCell); Navigate(EphysExpCell, None, { patchLookupEphysCell: true })

The form, FormEditCell, is standard and has it's Item propertery set to: GalleryCells.Selected

If I click on the 'edit icon' on one of the Gallery records, it goes to the other Screen and loads the selected record as normal. However, if I click the New Record button defined above, and then click a Cancel button (OnSubmit = Back()), and then try to click an 'edit icon' on an existing record, it navigates to the other Screen but fails to load any fields/tables - the fields are just blank. I have to restart PowerApps studio to get it to load records again normally.

This is an app built on SharePoint lists. I'm 95% sure this was all working in the prior version (550?) of PowerApps...

Is this a real bug or could I be doing something stupid?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

To update: this behavior was occuring because I forgot the ResetForm() on the Cancel button. Woops. All fixed and fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,529)