cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyBoswell
Helper IV
Helper IV

Pound £ Dollar $ inconsistency

I have an app that allows reporting data to be displayed from and added to a SharePoint list.  It includes several fields where the data is financial.  I am in UK and want to display currency in pounds, symbol £

I was using 

Text(Sum(ThisItem.colAmount),"[$-en-GB]£0.00")

and it seemed to be working everywhere.

Not having used the app myself for some time, I revisited it this week and found all the currency fields displaying with $, not £

Some of the fields I solved the problem by switching to using

Text(Sum(ThisItem.colAmount),"£0.00")

but other fields displayed nothing if I used that statement.  For those fields I reverted to using 

Text(Sum(ThisItem.colAmount),"[$-en-GB]£0.00")

They display OK again but with $, not £

I have checked all the settings on both SharePoint and in the Power App and can see no difference between the fields that work correctly and those that don't.  The data is coming from different columns but the same list to different fields but the same form.

Can anyone recommend a bomb proof formatting statement or suggest what might be different about these fields or data?

I am used to regional differences popping up and having to be fixed in about six different places to work for all users in all environments on all devices.  But I haven't before seen regional differences between two, apparently identical fields on one form, in one application, on one device, in one environment

Any help gratefully received.  Thank you

Guy

1 REPLY 1
GuyBoswell
Helper IV
Helper IV

Stranger and stranger.  Having spent ages yesterday trying to resolve this and giving up I checked the app on my phone and it displays £ everywhere.  It is only on computer that it display some £ and some $

Vostro 15 3510, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz, 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable),64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro, 21H2, OS Build 19044.1586, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
Microsoft Edge Version 99.0.1150.46 (Official build) (64-bit)
SharePoint in Microsoft 365

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,206)