cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syasmin25
Frequent Visitor

Power APP Permission

Hello, 

I had created an app using SQL data source and later removed it and used SharePoint as the data source. However, people still get asked permission to SQL even though I have deleted it. Is there a way around this? 

Also, do I need to share the SharePoint with all the users to fill in the form in the power app? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

The app should stop asking for that permission if the data source is completely removed from the app. However, you can also administer the connections themselves and delete the one that is causing the issue, here:

BCLS776_0-1627658759869.png

To answer your second question, yes all app users need the Sharepoint list shared with them or they will see an error upon starting the app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

The app should stop asking for that permission if the data source is completely removed from the app. However, you can also administer the connections themselves and delete the one that is causing the issue, here:

BCLS776_0-1627658759869.png

To answer your second question, yes all app users need the Sharepoint list shared with them or they will see an error upon starting the app.

View solution in original post

For the first part, I did just clear it out from connections but it still shows up whenever I try to share the app. 
As for the second part, I didn't implement such settings, can I replace the application if the link is already shared?

My apologies, I am really new to Power Apps.

BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

@syasmin25 wrote:

For the first part, I did just clear it out from connections but it still shows up whenever I try to share the app. 

Something in the app is asking for that connection. Have you deleted the connection completely from the app too?:

BCLS776_0-1627659659060.png

@syasmin25 wrote:

As for the second part, I didn't implement such settings, can I replace the application if the link is already shared?

Now that you have shared your app, you push out changes whenever you save and publish your app. Your users continue to use the same name/link for the app, but Power Apps will run the latest published version. If running an app under a Sharepoint list, I do find that a browser refresh is required to load the latest app.

Thank you so much, I guess my last question in regards to this would be how can I set up security so that users cannot see other users' data on SharePoint then?

BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

The downside to Sharepoint lists is the lack of security/privacy at the row/column level. You can do a few things to make a Sharepoint list tougher to find, but anyone who has access to the list has access to all the data within the list. Dataverse, SQL, and other premium options offer more, but Sharepoint lists are a relatively simple option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,924)