cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhuls01

Power App - Canva - Connecting data to my CHART

Power Apps - Using Canva - Trying to populate a chart within Power Apps and receiving an error 'the property on this control expects Table values. The rule produces Control values which are incompatible. How to fix, change the rule to produce a {0} value. Could someone guide me on next steps and why I'm receiving this error. Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jhuls01 ,

You need the Table name as the Items and can then set GPA as the series.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @jhuls01 ,

The Items of your chart need to be a Table - use the same principle as a gallery - it will be a list or a Filtered sub-set of it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

jhuls01

Thanks for getting back to me!!

Any chance you could give me a little more detail for the answer below?

Once I open the ‘items’ and type in the name of the column from my excel file to populate the Chart…I get an error…See attached screen shot below.  If I click on the ‘final GPA_DataCard1’ I receive the error.  I know it’s totally me and would appreciate any help you could pass on!!

Cheers!

@jhuls01 ,

You need the Table name as the Items and can then set GPA as the series.

jhuls01

got it and working!  Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,593)