cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power App ComboBox not defaulting to selected option when going back to screen

I have a combox field in a form that should return to what was selected when a user goes back to the page from a page further on:

Screen - scrForm1

Card: ProjDir_DataCard2

-Sends data to App_PAFNewProj_Main sql table in sql server

ComboBox: ProjDir_ComboBox

Items - Sort(Filter(EmployeeData, DirectorFilter = "Director"), 'Employee Name')

SelectMultiple - False

Default - blank

DefaultSelectedItems -

If(varFormMode = "edit",
   {ID: LookUp(App_PAFNewProj_Main, ID=varRecord.ID), Value: Gallery_Main.Selected.ProjDirName},
   If(varBackScr2 = "back",
      LookUp(App_PAFNewProj_Main,ID = varRecord.ID),
      Blank()))

Use the gallery if the person is coming from the gallery, if they are using the back button do a lookup. The lookup is what is not working

When the form is submitted:

Set(varRecord,Form1.LastSubmit);Navigate(scrForm2_EQRAttach,ScreenTransition.None)

Screen 2: scrForm2_EQRAttach

BackButton - Icon7

OnSelect - Set(varBackScr1, "back"); Set(varBackScr2, "back"); ResetForm(Form1); Navigate(scrForm1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TesDA 

Yes, your DSI (Default Selected Items) property will never match the Items records...

Your DSI property should be: 

Coalesce(Parent.Default, Gallery_Main.Selected.ProjDirName)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TesDA 

Yes, your DSI (Default Selected Items) property will never match the Items records...

Your DSI property should be: 

Coalesce(Parent.Default, Gallery_Main.Selected.ProjDirName)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,603)