cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pdelahunty1
Level: Power Up

Power App Control Reset Issues

I have a single screen PowerApp form entry app that writes to a SharePoint list. It has a couple of drop downs that I populate from Sharepoint lists. I then also have a form on the page that is pointing at my main sharepoint list. The user selects values from the drop downs, enters some text into text boxes in the form. When they hit submit I then update some hidden text fields with values from the drop down and submit the form. The page then reloads for the user to make another entry All this works great. The issue comes up when resetting the drop down controls. 

If I just submit the form and create new form all the fields in the form are reset but the drop downs retain their value

If I add reset commands after the form submits to reset the drop downs there is a problem if the user fogets to complete a mandatory field - error messages are displayed correctly but the commands to reset the drop down still executes and the user has to go back and reselect values.

So I need to find a way to only reset the drop downs if the form submits without any error messages before it loads the new reset screen. Anyone know how I can wrap the resets in an IF statement or is there somewhere else I can put the reset commands for the drop downs so it only resets if the form submits sucessfully without any errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Power App Control Reset Issues

@pdelahunty1 

I would suggest putting the RESET commands in the OnSuccess property of your form instead of using them in an IF statement.

OnSuccess: Reset(myDropdown1);Reset(myDropdown2);Reset(myDropdown3);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@pdelahunty1 

I would suggest putting the RESET commands in the OnSuccess property of your form instead of using them in an IF statement.

OnSuccess: Reset(myDropdown1);Reset(myDropdown2);Reset(myDropdown3);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

pdelahunty1
Level: Power Up

WOW - what an elegant solution. THANK YOU SO MUCH 

Super User
Super User

Thanks, elegant solutions are what I strive for!

Best of luck in building your app

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,220)