cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FBGLUCK
Regular Visitor

Power App Editor (Web and Windows) Crashing when Opening a Power Apps file for editing

I have been working on an app that can not be opened with PowerApps Windows (on Windows 10). At this point, when I open the file, it shows the message that Unsaved Changes are Detected.

I can click either Recover or Discard and then, if I attempt to open the app to edit, PA crashes with no error messages.

If I open the app file in the Web version, I get the following message Immediately after the app is opened and the first screen is displayed for editing. (This message is overlayed on the editing screen).

WebAuthoring abnormal termination.
Client date/time: 2017-07-19T20:00:32.278Z
Version: 2.0.663
Session ID: 8d5c01fe-7f0f-4cf5-4b58-4455d85c735c
description: {"error":{"isTrusted":true,"detail":{"exception":{}},"message":"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'controlContexts' of null","filename":"https://paaeuscdn.azureedge.net/v2.0.663.0/studio/js/AppMagic.Controls.js?v=39e05e976fcb","lineno":2... TypeError: Cannot read property 'controlContexts' of null","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}
stack: null
errorNumber: 0
errorMessage: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'controlContexts' of null

I have uninstalled and re-installed the PowerApp studio from the Windows store with no changes. At this point, I am unsure what to do -- I have a lot of time invested in the app, it was running recently so whatever "last change" I made, caused it to crash. How can I recover this app?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

We did figure out FBGLUCK's problem and it was not related to Forms/Galleries at all. It was related to the use of Reset in a formula on a screen's OnStart property.

Hi @AndyPennell

Now figure it out what's our problem please... Do you prefer that I send you the error by PM?

Best regards,

Jorge Moreira

If you are having trouble loading an existing app into Studio or Web Studio then please PM me, yes.

If you are able to load an older version of your app, but not the current one, then do that as a work-around in the meantime.

Utdom

I have an issue for edit my app on web browser. it is loading for while and show some error like screen attach.Powerapp Error.jpg

can anyone help on this please ?

Thank and Regard,

Utdom

@Utdom, we are aware of this issue and we're working on fixing it as soon as we can. I'll provide an update when I have one.

Thanks!

Cherie

@Utdom, we have fixed the issue you are seeing, please try again!

Thanks

@cherie, Im facing the same issue today. Please find the below error.

WebAuthoring abnormal termination.

Client date/time: 2017-11-13T17:03:43.969Z

Version: 2.0.720 (v2.0.720.58483777)

Session ID: 9f8e7ee3-06bf-e692-376c-a0675d4c9be8

description: {"error":{"isTrusted":true,"detail":{"exception":{}},"message":"Uncaught TypeError: controlContext.imageUrl is not a function","filename":"https://cdn-paaprodneu.azureedge.net/v2.0.720.58483777/studio/ctrllib/image/js/image.js?v=2.0.720.58... TypeError: controlContext.imageUrl is not a function","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}

stack: null

errorNumber: 0

errorMessage: Uncaught TypeError: controlContext.imageUrl is not a function

"https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=" & EncodeUrl(txtSiteAddress.Text) & "&zoom="& slZoom.Value & "&size= 600"& "x" &500& "&maptype= terrain" & "&markers=color:red%7Clabel:K%7C"& EncodeUrl(txtSiteAddress.Text)& "&key= xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

txtSiteAddress = If(Toggle1.Value,txtAddress.Text)

txtAddress = Concatenate(txtLatitude.Text,",",txtLongitude.Text)

Can you please help me to find the error which im doing it. Thanks in advance for your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,479)