cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim_Davis
Regular Visitor

Power App Languages - LanguageTag eq null error

Hi, I have created a new power app which I am trying to apply languages. 

I followed this YouTube video by @RezaDorrani step by step which worked wonderfully, the App 'On Start' formulas looks exactly the same as the video, however I am getting this error message and I am not sure what this could mean or how to fix it. Can anyone assist me please? I have attached some images which will hopefully help. 

Note I am based in Australia. 

Thank you. 

Kim Davis

4 REPLIES 4
taku_maru
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Kim_Davis 

How about this writing style?

ClearCollect(
    colLocalisationinfo,
    Filter(Localisations,
    LanguageTag = "en"
    )
);

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. I changed the formula as you suggested, however caused error for someone in Latin America where their default language on their phone is Spanish and not English. 

taku_maru
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Kim_Davis 

If so, change the "en" to the correct language tag as shown in this link.

Language function in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Information on BCP 47 » RFC Editor (rfc-editor.org)

Kim_Davis
Regular Visitor

Sorry for the delay in reply. I have done a bit of testing and having this formula in the App On Start seems to make it work as expected. I wanted the language to default to the current users phone settings, however still give them the ability to change it as well. 

Kim_Davis_0-1651534194613.png

When I click on the drop down of the language selector, I put this formula in the On Change. 

Kim_Davis_2-1651534379564.png

I am still a beginner at this so hopefully these formulas look ok 🙂 Thank you for your assistance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,698)