cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peteaxtell
Helper I
Helper I

Power App button that calls a flow only working for the flow owner

This has been posted by a lot of people but there is still not a clear explanation for what causes the issue. Note, these are not acceptable solutions:

- rebuild the app

- rebuild the flow

- remove the flows from the app, reomve the button and recreate the button

- export and re-import the solution, recreating the flows

I have an app with multiple buttons, each linked to a flow. If I press the button, it calls the flow (I am the flow owner). If another user presses the button, an error is displayed regarding the connection. When a new user runs the app, they are presented with the dialog to approve access to SharePoint (as per screenshot) but there is no reference to accessing the flows. Should there be?

The flow uses the SharePoint connector. All users have access to the SharePoint list that the flow reads from/writes to.

I have tried removing the flows from the app and readding. That made no difference.

peteaxtell_0-1620726377610.png

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Are the App and flow built in a solution?  Or were they built standalone?  If standalone you need to share both the app and the flow with the users.  Flows that are started using a Power App button run in the security context of the user pushing the button.  So they need to have direct access to the app.  That means adding them as an owner of the flow.

If the app and flow are built in a solution then you need to make sure that the flow uses a connection reference in the solution rather than just a connection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
peteaxtell
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks. The flow and app are both within the same solution. I have created a connection reference in the solution which is being used by the flows. I have a similar setup for another solution (contains app, flows and connection reference) and this problem does not exist there.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Have you shared the flow with the other users in addition to the app?  It shouldn't be required but that has been the fix when I've seen this problem with others.

peteaxtell
Helper I
Helper I

You can't share a flow without giving ownership. I tried it on one of the flows, and it did solve the problem, but making every end user and owner of a flow is not possible.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I understand that sharing the flow makes them an owner.  As I said it shouldn't be required if you build them in a solution and use connection references.  But I've seen this issue before and the only solution is to share the flow with them as an owner.  The other alternative is to open a support ticket and see if MS can fix the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,206)