cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveHark
Frequent Visitor

Power App with Azure SQL and Active Directory Connection

Hello,

We have a Power App in development that accesses a Azure Database with permissions granted to an Active Directory Group.

We originally had a SQL Authentication Connection but changed that to Active Directory Integrated and changed the App and the Flows to use the new AD AUthenticated connection.

When we first open the App in Power App Studio in a browser authenticated to the owner, we get this screen:

DaveHark_0-1604680902559.png

The Allow button is grayed out. If we click "Don't Allow" we can go into Edit App mode. When we click Play, the app runs and retrieves data. It works flawlessly.

When the app is shared with another member of the Group, the same screen comes up.

Is there some hidden place where an old connection resides? IS there somewhere else we need to look/correct?

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @DaveHark 

I wonder if you tried to bypass user consent via powershell, like in this link ...I'm curious if you get the desired results.

I'm affraid that you need environment admin rights to try this.

Hope it helps ! 

Hello gabibalaban,

Thank you for the reply. The popup is actually looking for a connection that no longer exists and we have placed all occurrences of the connection in the Power App and in the Flows. Very puzzling. I will see if this clears the popup but I wonder if it hides another issue if it works.

Kind Regards,

DaveHark

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,336)