cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luismvm

Power App with Sharepoint + Azure SQL

I've been asked by a customer to look into a powerapp that mixes sharepoint and azure sql, wich i've been hitting my head trying to figure it out if it's possible.

So what my client needs is a custom form that the salesmen can fill on premises with the clients, using their mobile devices. That data will be later used to generate reports using powerbi.

The powerapp should import data from sharepoint wich they are already using has a CMS for their product lines.

That data should be used create a form, with a couple of dropdownlists and multiple choices, wich then needs to be saved not on sharepoint, but into an Azure SQL database, for later reports.

Is this something that can be accomplished using powerapps, is there a better solution, any pointers you can throw at me? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Luismvm,

Yes, this could be done under PowerApps.

For SharePoint List connection, check the article below for the known issues:

Connect from Microsoft PowerApps to SharePoint

For SQL Server, check:

Connect from Microsoft PowerApps to SQL Server

If this is the first time that you work with PowerApps, the nyou may start from the guide below:

Generate an app(SharePoint List)

For form controls, check:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Luismvm

I fully concur with @v-micsh-msft

However you should also be aware of current bugs/limitations in the Azure SQL connection from PowerApps:

1) After a field contains a value, you cannot set the value back to null from PowerApps

2) There are intermittent issues writing numbers with more than 7 significant figures to the database

3) Date type columns cannot be filtered using > or < operators

4) Writing to date type columns is problematic

Happy to provide more details to any of the above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,927)