cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

Power Apps Choice field Allow Searching

I am trying to allow my end user to search for any text in the field but it is only searching the text she types left to right instead of returning all text in the search field. In the picture attached, you can see I'm searching for meijer, but I would like to be able to type in #021 and have it get the same thing.

2022-07-15 14_14_52-Power Apps.png

2022-07-15 14_20_25-Eco Waste Solutions - Waste_By-Product Tracking - All Items.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

I have changed the combo box items to us a sort and then a choices command to get the desired results. The below format is what I used.

Sort(Choices([@DumpRecords].'Location Name'),ThisItem.'Location Name'.Value,Ascending)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Krishna_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @HubbardInc ,

Power Apps combobox will allow you to search any text in the field, my sample below

Krishna_R_0-1657909958520.png

and make sure you enable allow searching option

Krishna_R_1-1657909994749.png

Unfortunately, it is a combo box, and i have selected allow searching. However, it is still not working.

2022-07-15 15_06_02-Power Apps.png2022-07-15 15_05_49-Power Apps.png2022-07-15 15_07_03-Inbox - jabel@dalewhubbardinc.com - Outlook.png

Krishna_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@HubbardInc 

Do verify if both of the fields are pointing to the same

Krishna_R_0-1657912409417.png

if both are pointing the same, please remove and add it back. sometimes due to customizations it will behave the same, re-adding should work. 

HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

Where do I look that up at?

2022-07-15 15_23_00-Inbox - jabel@dalewhubbardinc.com - Outlook.png

HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

may also mention that it is a sharepoint list that this combo box is referencing.

HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

I am able to search any text now by adding a data source and adding the other data tables and then using that source as my combo box items. However, now I cannot seem to get it to save the selected items. 2022-07-18 10_21_31-Power Apps.png2022-07-18 10_21_23-Power Apps.png

HubbardInc
Helper III
Helper III

I have changed the combo box items to us a sort and then a choices command to get the desired results. The below format is what I used.

Sort(Choices([@DumpRecords].'Location Name'),ThisItem.'Location Name'.Value,Ascending)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,272)