cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power Apps Collection to SP Conceptual Guidance

Hi,

Im very new to Power Apps (Literally a few weeks in).  I have an issue that I may well be able to resolve but I am struggling with the basic fundamental concept. 

I have built a Mobile Power App that will serve "on the road" engineering teams to support a few Govt systems.  The app is to provide quite a lot of information for engineers that will assist them in understanding site configs and set ups etc.  The sharepoint list that provides the App data source consists of around 25 columns of different types and I have these presenting within the app and engineers can update existing data (Updating the SP list) or create new entries (Not a very common thing) BUT, we have a lot of engineers and it is unlikely that the same engineer would only ever service certain locations and so I am trying to ensure that an engineer will provide issue and resolution details during their visit (In a collection) so that when a subsequent engineer visits during a future incident, the app will provide the history captured in the collection.

Im quite sure I have that bit working, but that data is not going back to the data source (Because I don't have anywhere for it).  I am thinking I would like to add the accumulating collection data into a single SP column so that it is available elsewhere but is this the right approach (Or even possible) or should the collection data inform a separate list then called onLoad when the application is opened (Or the gallery item selected).

Ive looked through the forum throughout the day and can see various similar but ultimately different solutions but none provide any form of a conceptual overview.

Any help very much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,505)