ITCancelledProject A5Anna Leslie
ITOn HoldProject A6Anna Mark
Project ManagementActiveProject BLeslieAnna
Project ManagementCancelledProject B2LeslieBob
StrategyOn HoldProject CBobLeslie
MarketingActiveProject DLeslieAnna
MarketingActiveProject D2LeslieMark
MarketingActiveProject D3Anna Bob

1) Count the number of projects (irrelevant of Status) assigned to Project Resource

2) Count the number of projects with Status = Active assigned to Project Resource

I feel like its simple but I keep getting an error that it cannot find my SharePoint list column. My Project Resource column's format is User/Group. This is what I want them to look like:

123testing321_1-1669786622694.png

Anyone knows how to do this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @123testing321 ,

As Status is of type Choice, that's why we are using Status.Value="Active". If Status would have been of type single line of text, we would have used Status="Active".

Try changing person column to Concat('Project Resource' ,DisplayName& ",") in the formula 

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(Filter(SPListName, Status.Value="Active"),"abc",Concat(SinglePP, DisplayName & ", ")),"abc","abcCount"),"totalReq", CountRows(abcCount))

SinglePP is person column

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @123testing321 ,
Try using below formulas - 

1. All requests : Items property of ColumnChart1

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(SPListName,"abc",ProjectResource.DisplayName),"abc","abcCount"),"totalReq", CountRows(abcCount))

2. Active projects : Items property of ColumnChart2

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(Filter(SPListName, Status.Value="Active"),"abc",SinglePP.DisplayName),"abc","abcCount"),"totalReq", CountRows(abcCount))

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

@NandiniBhagya20 I'm getting an error on GroupBy:

123testing321_0-1669836073480.png

Is it because my Status column is a Choice? How do you correct it with a choice?

Hi @123testing321 ,

As Status is of type Choice, that's why we are using Status.Value="Active". If Status would have been of type single line of text, we would have used Status="Active".

Try changing person column to Concat('Project Resource' ,DisplayName& ",") in the formula 

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(Filter(SPListName, Status.Value="Active"),"abc",Concat(SinglePP, DisplayName & ", ")),"abc","abcCount"),"totalReq", CountRows(abcCount))

SinglePP is person column

That worked @NandiniBhagya20 Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,391)