cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Component Framework License Queries

Hi All,

I have a question related to Power Apps Component Framework Licensing.

Let's say I have created one Component with a premier connector and used in a Canvas app. If I share the same app to some users does they need Power Apps special License? Again if I created another Component which is not used any premium connector (eg. Rotation Text) do we need again Power Apps special license or O365 License will work?

Thanks In Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Power Apps Component Framework License Queries

It is my understanding that any app that contains a component which uses a premium connector now requires a premium license for anyone using that app.  If the users have per user licenses then additional apps that use components with premium connectors would still be covered. The licensing is either at the app or user level, depending on the license you purchase.  There is no specific licensing as I understand it at the Component level.

Here's the specific documentation from the Component Framework documentation.

Licensing

Power Apps component framework licensing requirements are inline with existing connectors and components and is based on the type of data and connections used in your app. More information: Power Apps pricing. To align with the licensing requirements, we will be classifying code components into two types:

• Code components that connect to external services or data directly and not through connectors. When these components are used in an app, the app becomes premium, and end users are required to have Power Apps licenses.
  • Code components that don't connect to external services or data. When these components are used in an app that uses standard features, the app remains standard, and end users are required to be licensed at minimum for Office 365.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Power Apps Component Framework License Queries

It is my understanding that any app that contains a component which uses a premium connector now requires a premium license for anyone using that app.  If the users have per user licenses then additional apps that use components with premium connectors would still be covered. The licensing is either at the app or user level, depending on the license you purchase.  There is no specific licensing as I understand it at the Component level.

Here's the specific documentation from the Component Framework documentation.

Licensing

Power Apps component framework licensing requirements are inline with existing connectors and components and is based on the type of data and connections used in your app. More information: Power Apps pricing. To align with the licensing requirements, we will be classifying code components into two types:

• Code components that connect to external services or data directly and not through connectors. When these components are used in an app, the app becomes premium, and end users are required to have Power Apps licenses.
  • Code components that don't connect to external services or data. When these components are used in an app that uses standard features, the app remains standard, and end users are required to be licensed at minimum for Office 365.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,669)