cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Connectors - Microsoft Translator

1. How do the connectors work in power apps when you need all users to be able to benefit from one connector? 

2. If I get the connector for my account will all accounts also need this set up/or accessible for theirs or is just mine enough to allow it to work?

I have set up a power app to work on a global scale, however I would like the app to auto translate the text for me using the "Microsoft Translator" connector. I am having to make those translations manually in several languages, which is quite the task and uses up a ton of my time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pfritz89 ,

Based on your needs that you mentioned, I agree with @Pstork1's thought almost. 

For your first question, if you want other end users to use the Microsoft Translator connector in your app, you just need to share your canvas app to these end users, then the Microsoft Translator connection within your app would be shared to your end users automatically.

Your end users do not need to provide their own credential to create a new connection to the Microsoft Translator connector when they run your app first time.

For your second question, The Microsoft Translator connection is based on the Subscription Key that you provided rather than Office 365 account. When you shared your app to your end users, the Microsoft Translator connection would be shared to them automatically without providing additional credential to access this connector from your end users.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

It depends on the connector.  But in the case of Microsoft Translator you get an API key that you use to authenticate the connector.  At that point it can be used by anyone who uses the App.  Its tied to the API key, not to your account specifically.  Here's a good walkthrough

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Translator-App-demo/ba-p/38195

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pfritz89 ,

Based on your needs that you mentioned, I agree with @Pstork1's thought almost. 

For your first question, if you want other end users to use the Microsoft Translator connector in your app, you just need to share your canvas app to these end users, then the Microsoft Translator connection within your app would be shared to your end users automatically.

Your end users do not need to provide their own credential to create a new connection to the Microsoft Translator connector when they run your app first time.

For your second question, The Microsoft Translator connection is based on the Subscription Key that you provided rather than Office 365 account. When you shared your app to your end users, the Microsoft Translator connection would be shared to them automatically without providing additional credential to access this connector from your end users.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the assistance! I was able to use the regular Microsoft Translator connector without issue.

I tried the Microsoft Translator V2 connector and it was having users submit for free trials as this is a premium feature. I changed back and have been to translate for our sites outs North America.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,950)