cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Power Apps Cost Scenario in Large Environments

Hi all, we have just started working on a project with an international operating customer.

They are planning to get an average of 3-4 applications per user internally. The total amount of users is approximately 5000.

The customer started calculating their yearly cost based on the standard licensing models and is starting to doubt if this is the best solution for them. This only for Power Apps would cost them in the range of 2 million per year, not including Power Automate.

As we have no experience in larger environments, how would you tackle this ? 

They have M365 in place and SAP

Thank you so much for you input, advice, experiences !

Kind Regards,

Adriaan

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AdriaanVE ,

A "standard" Office 365 E3 licence gives "inclusions" of SharePoint, Power Apps and "Standard" and Power Automate (aka Flow) with "standard" connectors. You can do a lot of things with this "out of the box" product.

Is this what you are asking?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

There are several ways to configure PowerApps pricing on o365

Look at the pointer below and there is a  Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate Licensing Guide that details what is included with what packages, some O365 / M365 SKUs include the PowerApps player from what I can see.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

Hi,

The customer would like to use CDS, so the included license in O/M365 would not be an option.

Or am I missing something 🙂

Thank you 

Adriaan

@AdriaanVE ,

Now that you mention CDS, E3 is not an option, so you will have to look at per-User plans.,

so with 3-4 applications, that is $40 US per user per month. If some only have 2 apps, then the $10 PM option may be viable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,247)