cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvanChakiMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Power Apps Custom Page Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched Power Apps custom pages. You can read more about the custom pages in the blog post As you use custom pages, we'd love to hear your feedback. What did you find helpful? What additional features could we add? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the custom pages. Thank you for your feedback.

31 REPLIES 31
bettc
Helper I
Helper I

Hey All, Can't wait to start using the combination.  When I add a new Model Driven app using the Modern App Designer (preview) I can't add Custom pages.  I have checked two tenants in the Australia region of Power Apps.  Am I missing something?

When I add a page, the Custom Page option is not available.

Just read the bottom few lines of the blog, rollout is in progress.

EvanChakiMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

@bettc - it looks like you should see it on Thursday or Friday of next week.

Gatwick
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can I get excited about having the capability of exploiting Offline data mode?

As a model driven app could process offline tables can that data be addressed by an embedded canvass app?

Do we have to try it out or is it written down somewhere?

Please make my day.

Cheers, Richard

Captjoemcd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Excited to get going with this!  We're not seeing in our environments (US West) - is any opt-in required or will it automatically be available sometime soon?

EvanChakiMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Captjoemcd  this will be enabled next Friday in the US.

@Gatwick we don't have support for custom page using offline data but is part of our backlog for an future semester.  When we enable offline data, it will only apply to the custom page and not the modeled form embedded canvas app.  We have a different integration between the custom page and embedded canvas apps.  

Hi aorth,

Thanks for the explanation. So my understanding is :

1. Custom pages using offline data are on the road map for a future date.

2. When delivered offline data will apply to the custom page.

3. The embedded canvas app will not be able to access the data.

Are there two integrations that work alongside each other?

A. Custom page to modelled form.

B. Custom page to canvas app.

So I could have offline data sitting on a device that can be surfaced in Model App. A but not Canvas App. B?

If this is right can you give me a tip as to how I can explain this to my business users who have been anticipating a bit more.

Many thanks. Richard   

@Gatwick custom page public preview is enabling a new canvas app type that is a full page experience in the model-driven app.  We are able to enable offline data within this new special canvas app type.  The standalone canvas app type can be embedded in a modeled form following Add an embedded canvas app on a model-driven form - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs. This earlier integration option is a component or control within the modeled form page.  The best way to separate the two is if it is a full page or part of a model form page.

Thanks again aorth,

I'm trying to get up to speed so please bear with me. As I understand it.

I will be able to write a type of canvas app that can be included in a model driven form that will display offline-data?

So in practice I would assemble a model driven app which has say rules which present say, 3 forms in a logical sequence, each form could present a different embedded special canvas app. The equivalent of 3 pages in a standard canvas app?

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,135)