cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvanChakiMSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Power Apps Custom Page Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched Power Apps custom pages. You can read more about the custom pages in the blog post As you use custom pages, we'd love to hear your feedback. What did you find helpful? What additional features could we add? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the custom pages. Thank you for your feedback.

38 REPLIES 38
kingak

According to the Add connectors to a custom page for your model-driven app (preview) article, "there's no support to enable bypassing Microsoft connectors." Do I understand it correctly, and the statement refers to the 

Set-AdminPowerAppApisToBypassConsent command? Because indeed, executing this command for the model-driven app is not possible and doing so for each of the pages doesn't have any effect.

Is allowing bypassing user consent for a Model-driven app for the GA? Is there any timeline you could share?

Best regards

Kinga  

Thanks for reaching out on this.  We are working to complete this capability right now and hope to have it rolling out soon.

Thanks,

Adrian

NeerajSharma
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am trying to invoke the custom page using JavaScript from Model Driven app Home Page Grid, and it shows me error Page not found in app.

NeerajSharma_0-1636643375842.png

function showCanvas(id) {
var pageInput = {
pageType: "custom",
name: "s nnn_canvaspage_fdd5a",
entityName: "gd_device",
recordId: id[0]
};
var navigationOptions = {
target: 2,
position: 1,
title: "Notification"
};
Xrm.Navigation.navigateTo(pageInput, navigationOptions).then(
function success() {
alert("loaded");
},
function error() {
alert("error");
})
}

A custom page needs to be explicitly included in the model-driven app that is opening it.  Can you check if the modern app designer (preview) includes this custom page and publish the model app? Also check that you have the logical custom page name correct since I see 'name: "s nnn_canvaspage_fdd5a",' has "s<space>" at the beginning which isn't expected for logical custom page name.

Thank you aorth, name here in the message is a typo error please consider it "snnn_canvaspage_fdd5a", without space. Could you please explain how that custom page can be explicitly included while we have added that page into solution.

DKassian
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi All,

We have discovered a very bizarre error in custom pages, where the Power FX patch or update functions will not let a user update a row because they "do not have permission" even though they do. Giving them single pie delete privileges allows them to update the rows, even though they have access to the record and can update it without issue in a model driven form.  I have created a separate post about it, where I go into more detail, but thought it may be relevant to post here, since it is causing errors only on custom pages and not canvas apps.

Link to more detailed post:

[BUG] Power FX Custom Page Error on Patch: You don... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Thanks

Dylan

Dylan,

Thanks for reaching out on this issue.  I will private message you to discuss in more detail and then reply back to the forum with what we find.

Regards,

Adrian

Serf
Helper II
Helper II

Hey

am I correct that the PDF Viewer Component is not yet available for Custom Pages?

Use Case (Dynamics 365 for Sales): 

- Custom Page which lives on the Order Entity

- The PO document of the Order should be shown side-by-side with the Dynamics record so our Order Management can easily check and correct if there are differences between the document and the data

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Question: How do we pass Data back to the Dynamics context (aka the JavaScript)? (Back() function?)

Third question: Will it ever be possible to call the ClientApi directly from the Custom Page?

E.g. calling navigateTo() Function within a Custom Page which opens the Account Record in a Pop-up. 

Really excited about Custom Pages. So many great and easy to implement use cases!

Cheers

Serf,

Custom pages is still a subset of the canvas app controls and we are reviewing the work to enable additional controls.  Will check on PDF Viewer as part of that review.

We don't have support for returning data from a custom page but we are looking at this to see if we can add support in the future.

Regarding Client API access from custom pages, we are focused on expanding the Power Fx to have similar capabilities like we are doing with Navigate function.  Can you share what you would like to see added into Power Fx that can be done with Client API?

Regards,

Adrian

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,541)