cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HunterM
Regular Visitor

Power Apps + D365 Sales + Premium Power App users - Help please

I created a Power App interface for Dynamics 365 Sales - 1st timer. With some help from this community it was a breeze - works perfectly. Enter a handful of premium Power App license-holders (do not hold CRM license) and suddenly a field we do not use is  required in the Ap and when I trace the relationship mapping backwards it says required for D365 Sales AI. Field is Potential Customer. Any help someone can give me?

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Unfortunately, there are some entities, particularly in Sales, that are restricted when using them in Power Apps to prevent people from building their own CRM system in Power Apps to avoid paying for Dynamics licensing.  I suspect that is what is happening in your case.  The only real solution is to either create your own separate set of entities or buy CRM licensing for the users using the app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Microsoft advised us to set up this licensing. And why would it work last month and not today?

I assumed it stopped working when you shared it out with other users who didn't have a Dynamics license.  If Microsoft told you it should work with the licensing set the way it is then you need to talk to them about why it doesn't work.

Ok so why would it stop working for me and our other CRM users as well? I have a dynamics license. I am just trying to figure this out to help my folks.

I'm not sure, but as I said there are some restricted entities in CDS that won't work in Power Apps.  This documentation is now out of date, but may point you in the right direction.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-restricted-entiti...

Great news! I did as you suggested and it was not a licensing issue at all. It was just an error with a required field that was extremely easy to fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,017)