cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-Team-2020
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Edit Goes Nowhere

I have a Power Apps visual in my report. Then I click the ellipsis and select 'Edit' it shows me the dialog with the URL and I click OK. Then it opens in Chrome and goes through several stages of loading before leaving me on the page show in the image.

It says I need to save the Power App to finalise the connection but it won't ever take me into the actual app!!!

powerbi_powerapps.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a workaround - closing down the browser and signing out of the O365 account, then reopening and signing in, then edting the app from Power Bi.

Makes me think there is some 'session' or cookie or something which prevents Power BI overriding an existing session in Power Apps, which isn't present on a fresh browser session. I should also add, due to group policy Chrome on my machine doesn't have cookies enabled.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

@FAY2020 I have requested that this topic be syndicated to the PowerApps community as well - I think that means all replies will post in both communities and you'll get the PowerApps pros to help out too.

In the meantime, see if you can find the app you want to edit by typing:
https://make.powerapps.com/
into your browser URL. I find that I am often taken to the screen you have pasted in the screenshot when working in PowerApps but haven't found a good use for that screen yet, nor any way to navigate back to the app from there without starting fresh with the URL I posted above.

Hopefully the PowerApps community can give us some insight to make life easier on this screen, but in the meantime please let me know if the make.powerapps.com workaround helps.

I found a workaround - closing down the browser and signing out of the O365 account, then reopening and signing in, then edting the app from Power Bi.

Makes me think there is some 'session' or cookie or something which prevents Power BI overriding an existing session in Power Apps, which isn't present on a fresh browser session. I should also add, due to group policy Chrome on my machine doesn't have cookies enabled.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,230)