cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps - False and Sign In Issues

Hello all!  I made an app to help reveal who each employee's secret friend in the company is (for a white elephant type thing).  It's connected to an excel spreadsheet - looks at user's email and pulls in name from column "secret friend".   When it went live, most people's worked, but a few people got this message: truefrienderror.jpg

I went back and double checked the spreadsheet and everything was ok.  Any thoughts?

Also, several people that are using iPads can't log in to the app at all.  I'm assuming this is a separate issue, but any help on either would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

Jessica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @poweractivate - here's the formula: LookUp(Table1, Email=User().Email, SecretFriend)

Thank you!

Edit: Our IT guy just figured out that we got an error message because some people's aliases didn't match the email I had listed for them.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

@jfilip For the control you refer to that is displaying in some cases this value:

false 

Could you share what is the exact formula for that Label under the Text Property? (if it is not a label, please provide what is the main formula for that - the one that is working for some cases and showing false for other cases)

Hello @poweractivate - here's the formula: LookUp(Table1, Email=User().Email, SecretFriend)

Thank you!

Edit: Our IT guy just figured out that we got an error message because some people's aliases didn't match the email I had listed for them.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,224)