cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyee4613 Helper IV
Helper IV

Power Apps Form Is Not Displaying (Very New- Please Help)!

Hi. I am trying to play around with Power Apps in hopes of integrating it with my sharepoint list.  I was able to create a front page and a basic form (well, Power Apps did most of the work).  The issue I'm having is I can't see the form in preview.  I can only see the header.  I have read this is a common issue and I need to locate the item and see the default.  My issue is that I don't think I have an item object.  I am very confused, please assist!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power Apps Form Is Not Displaying (Very New- Please Help)!

Hi @dyee4613,

Could you please share a screenshot of the issue within your app?

Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?

Further, is there no item added into your SP list (a Blank list)? 

I suppose that there is no item added into your SP list (it is a Blank list), is it true?

I have reproduced your issue on my side, if there is no item added into your SP list, when you see the form in preview, the form would show "No item to display" message as below:8.JPG

Please note that the Item property of the SharePointForm1 is set to following formula:

If(
IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),
First('20180720_case14'),
SharePointIntegration.Selected
)

According to above formula, we can know that, if you select an item from the SP list, the form (SharePointForm1) would show the item that you selected, if you don't select an item from the SP list, the form (SharePointForm1) would display the first item of the SP list in default (If the first item doesn't exist, the form would display none).

So if there is no item added into your SP list, the SharePointForm1 would display none (As I mentioned above, "No item to display")

If you don't want the SharePointForm1 to show "No item to display", please consider take a try to add an item into your SP list.

More details about understanding Sharepoint forms integration, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,612)