cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aorth
Power Apps
Power Apps

Power Apps In-App Notification Feedback discussion thread

We have launched Power Apps in-app notifications public preview. You can read more about in-app notifications in the blog post.  As you use in-app notifications, we'd love to hear your feedback. What did you find helpful? What additional features could we add? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the in-app notifications. Thank you for your feedback.

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@aorth 

Do you happen to have a link to the blog post?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
temmyraharjo

@aorthhere are my ideas:

1. I was thinking if the notification can support multilanguage? Sender sending probably like json value with key-value pair of languageid + message. Then system will load based on user language when show the notification.
  2. What if we just want to send the notification based on user/team/organization level?

@temmyraharjo thanks for the feedback. We have had requests for multilanguage support and have that in our backlog but was not able to include with the initial version.  With the current capabilities the sender is responsible for sending localized strings to the user.  We have also had requests for sending to multiple users but needed to optimize the initial implementation for scale and can revisit this in the future. So if a notification needs to go to multiple users, the sender is responsible for inserting a record per user.  

Captjoemcd
Advocate I
Advocate I

@aorth This is exceptional functionality that we came across yesterday right before seeing the blog post today and started implementing - thanks much for the documentation, we just got links working after reviewing.  IMHO this is the greatest feature we’ve come across so far in Wave 2 (aside from getting the barcode scanner back into relevance search in the mobile app which was high priority for us).  

We enabled this by exporting the app in a new unmanaged solution, adding the app setting to the customizations file in the xml, and reimporting.

Captjoemcd_0-1630097424822.png

We already have integrated this into our notification flow for notifying queue members according to their personal notification settings that we’ve added (choices of any/all: in-app, push, email to sms, email).

Additionally, we have a number of items on our dev board to tie numerous additional existing flows and plugins into these notifications.  

Very well done team.  cc @JeffCarma 

ERWest
Frequent Visitor

We enabled this last week and assigned the correct security permissions per: Send in-app notifications within model-driven apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs everything was working good.

However this week the notification icon is gone from the global command bar for all users even though they have the necessary security permissions.

Please advise if there is some other settings we need to set-up to have the notification icon back on the global command bar and test/use this pre-release feature?

@ERWest you had the bell appearing in the header and then it stopped?  I would suggest looking at the app setting "AllowNotificationsEarlyAccess" for the app module to see if it was overwritten with false.  What version did you have last week and this week? 

Thanks,

Adrian

ERWest
Frequent Visitor

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response. Issue is resolved now by re-adding the AllowNotificationsEarlyAccess record to the AppSettings table. Somehow this record had been deleted.

Thanks for the great functionality!

trucbinh
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I followed the guideline but I am getting this error when manually creating a Notification record "Exception Message: The 'RetrievePrincipalAccess' method does not support entities of type 'appnotification'"

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Binh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,857)