cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_toniati

Power Apps Issue - License x Permission ?

Hi all,

I need some assistance with power apps, but, first of all, I know nothing about powerapps. So, I do not know if the issue I'm experiencing is a license issue or a permission issue.

The user XPTO has a MICROSOFT POWERAPPS PLAN 2 (Is that a power app per user?) then developed a app and granted access to others users and all of them are using the app as expected. But a week ago, a specific user is facing the issue below:

alex_toniati_0-1620735161060.png

The above message is in PTBR, in English is somenting like: "Invalid License or Insufficient App Licenses - You do not have the appropriate license to access this app and the org did not apply any user pass."

So, my question is: What could be happening? Considering that, the only user that have licenses is the one that developed the app and all the others never had a license and can access the app normally, except for this one.

All user have the same permissions in app.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Two possibilities.  

1) Someone purchased and assigned 10 per app licenses to the environment.  The first 10 users use them up and the 11 user gets the prompt.

2) A false negative on the detector checking licenses.  You are legally bound to have the right license but I've seen it prompt for one when it isn't needed and not prompt when it is.  So the lack of prompting for 10 people doesn't necessarily mean that they don't need licenses.  Just that it wasn't detected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

A Power Apps plan 2 license is an older license SKU that is no longer sold, but that gives the user access to premium connectors like SQL and Dataverse. If the app was built using those premium connectors then every user who uses it needs to have a premium license of some kind.  Currently there are two primary premium licenses, Per User and Per App. The Per User license is assigned directly to the user and is the equivalent of the older plan 2 license.  The Per App license is assigned to a license pool in the environment instead of directly to a user.  When an app is shared with a user and the user accesses the app for the first time they will receive a per app license from the pool if they don't have a suitable per user license.  I suspect in your case that the pool of per app licenses has run out of licenses to assign to users and that is why you are getting the error.  That would mean you need to buy more per app licenses. You can read more about per app licenses here:  About Power Apps per app plans - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Hello, thanks for reply,

Considering my lincense is Power Apps Plan 2 (Per user), do I have the license pool in the environment?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The pool is only if you purchase additional per app licenses.  Per User licenses (and Plan 2 licenses) are assigned to specific users directly.  Per app licenses are assigned automatically to users who need a license when an app that is shared with them is accessed.  So if the only license you have is the plan 2 license then you don't have any licenses in a pool.  Since your app uses a premium feature you need to either buy per user licenses for every user or enough per app licenses to cover all the users.

I understand.. I will take a look and purchase a new license.

But my point here is, considering only a Per User License assigned to developer, how could an specific user not be allowed in the app and others 10 users allowed?

Thank you!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Two possibilities.  

1) Someone purchased and assigned 10 per app licenses to the environment.  The first 10 users use them up and the 11 user gets the prompt.

2) A false negative on the detector checking licenses.  You are legally bound to have the right license but I've seen it prompt for one when it isn't needed and not prompt when it is.  So the lack of prompting for 10 people doesn't necessarily mean that they don't need licenses.  Just that it wasn't detected.

View solution in original post

Thanks for help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (65,455)