cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Power Apps Monitor Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched the new Power Apps Monitor tool to help you debug and improve the performance of your apps. You can read more about the Monitor in the blog post. As you use the Monitor, we'd love to hear your feedback. What did you find helpful? What additional features could we add to this tool to help you debug your apps better? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the Monitor tool. You can also access this post directly from the "Provide Feedback" link in the Monitor. 

24 REPLIES 24
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AengusHeaney ,

Thanks for your work.

Best regards,

Sik

Advocate I
Advocate I

So far, my initial impression is Wow! Love the fact that I can see what's happening with the app as I use it and even get the formula that was run to help with debugging. Wonderful work. More feedback to come as I get more into the monitoring tool.

Very cool tool indeed! One thing I noticed is that I can't scroll down the Properties pane...

Example:

image.png

Browser: Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

We will take a look and see what is going on here.

While we work on fixing the scrolling issue, another option is to highlight a row and then use the arrow keys to view the additional rows returned, or you can toggle to the JSON view to see the response also. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello,
So I tried Monitor because I need it badly to see why is my app so slow, but I have a "No Rows To Show" message. The monitor is connected and Items = 0. I tried Chrome and Firefox. Any Ideas what could be the issue?
Thanks

Have you tried clicking around in the app? App Monitor will only show you results if you are clicking around in the app while you have it open in canvas studio.

Hi,
Yes I have tried clicking around in the app, with Alt key as well as with F5 key, nothing was there, now it is working don't ask me why, I did the same thing both times. This is going to be wonderful ...
Thank you

Super User
Super User

Hi @AengusHeaney,

The Monitor is really helping me on a daily basis while I create my applications, and even more now that the Trace() function's traces can be viewed in the Monitor as well.

I have noticed one thing though: if you your Power Apps session expires the monitor will show this message:

Image 18.png

The message is relevant right after the session has expired, but after re-authenticating in the Power Apps Studio tab, reopening Monitor through the Studio would still show the message... Strange! The only workaround I've found so far is to totally close the Power Apps Studio tab and reopen my app for modifications and then open the Monitor.

I also had a suggestion to make: since most of the traces that occur in the Monitor are triggered/associated to a control in the application, it would be nice to have column showing the name of the control.

Emmanuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,448)