cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Power Apps Plan 2 Trial - when it should be expired?

Hi all!

I thought that Power Apps trial license gives only 1 month (with ability to extend for the second month) and only 25 users.

But today I saw a strange situation...

In the beginning of February I started to use Power Apps per user plan and Office 365. I created 2 apps which using custom CDS entities. Today I logged in to the Admin portal to extend my licenses for the second month. But I can extend only Office 365 license. For Power Apps I see only 'Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' with 10 thousand available users and with 'no expiration'.

I've checked the tester user - he has just 'Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' license and he is able to work with my 2 apps and use CDS entities without any issues.

So the questions are:

1) Does Microsoft changes the subscription rules? 

2) How long can I use this 'Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' license?

The screen short from my Admin Portal is in the attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power Apps Plan 2 Trial - when it should be expired?

Hello @KCh ,

I was not able to find any new official information about changes on the trial period for the licenses. The public info still says that the trials are available for 30 days. 

Besides this there is the license enforcement for Team Members license that you can find below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2020wave1/dynamics365-sales/license-enforc...

I am not sure but perhaps the PowerApp trial license is dependent on the O365 one, which means that eventually when the O365 expires the PowerApps will be also unavailbale.

2020-03-02_153635.png

In case you need to have a deeper investigation on the licenses I would suggest to raise a support request with Microsoft.

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @KCh ,

I am not aware of any change on this trial licenses, could you please do me a favor and provide the link that you are directed to when you click on "Get more info"?

2020-02-27_103147.png

Meanwhile I will look for more info about the PowerApps Plan 2 trial licenses.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have noticed the same situation on several tenants, for Power Apps trials and Power automate as well.

I would love this to be true, especially since I have just found out that apparently External users (Guest) can use SharePoint forms customized with PowerApp without any licence, but not Internal users (Members). The later are prompt with a invitation to submit a Trial in order to be able to access the form...

PS: the "Get more info" only point to the PowerApp documentation, which says 30days for a PowerApp trial, and 90days for Power Automate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-question-and-answer

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi!

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, as @Kevin_Stocky said "Get more info" redirect to this web page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-question-and-answer.

Very interesting behavior.. It would be a great solution if it would be true 🙂

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @KCh ,

I was not able to find any new official information about changes on the trial period for the licenses. The public info still says that the trials are available for 30 days. 

Besides this there is the license enforcement for Team Members license that you can find below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2020wave1/dynamics365-sales/license-enforc...

I am not sure but perhaps the PowerApp trial license is dependent on the O365 one, which means that eventually when the O365 expires the PowerApps will be also unavailbale.

2020-03-02_153635.png

In case you need to have a deeper investigation on the licenses I would suggest to raise a support request with Microsoft.

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I opened a support request with Microsoft, some answers directly address the opening post while others some might find useful. To avoid any confusion, 'Microsoft Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' is the trial version of the 'Power Apps Per user plan'.

Qs#1- Is it true that the 'Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' never expires, or will it expire at the same time as the 'M365 Business Standard trial' expires?

As stated on our documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-question-and-answer#can-i-block-users-i...), the Powerapps trial only last for 30 days and can be utilized within that period

Please note that the entitlement for new users to keep signing up for the Powerapps plan 2 trial will exist there forever and each user will be alloted a 30 day trial.

Qs#3- When the 'M365 Business Standard trial' expires, will I still be able to develop Power Apps/Portals? In other words, is a M365 Business or Enterprise plan needed when a  'Microsoft Power Apps Plan 2 Trial' is active?

As a user, you should be able to carry on with developing powerapps/Portals even when the M365 Business Standard trial expires. 

There are 2 different licenses; the seeded license and the Stand alone license. The seeded license is the powerapps free that comes with the M365 license, when your M365 license expires, you will lose access to the seeded powerapps and power automate. 

The Powerapps Plan 2 Trial on the other hand is a stand alone license, so even when the M365 license expires, you will still have access to the Powerapps plan 2 trial till it gets to the expiration date.

Qs#4 - Similarly to Qs#3, is a M365 Business or Enterprise plan needed when a 'Power Apps Per app plan' is active?

No. Powerapps per App plan is a standalone license, you can use it without M365 license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,703)