cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Apps Portal vs Sharepoint Site

I'm goint to develop a low code website solution, which must be exportable and importable in different environments/tenant.

I've already seen that for power apps portal is not an easy task do it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration#tenant-t...

What are the pros and cons of using Power Apps Portal vs Sharepoint Site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would say you are trying to compare 2 different elements because.. SharePoint comes with some default structure and default DB associated with it. PowerApps portal you need to define all the steps on CDS. SharePoint mainly meant for storing files, creating lists, tasks, and organizing that with various permission levels.

Coming to migration from one place to another SharePoint also has a lot of limitations in it despite there are many proven migration tools for SharePoint portal migration.

Power Apps portal is a year old technology and still evolving more and more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would say you are trying to compare 2 different elements because.. SharePoint comes with some default structure and default DB associated with it. PowerApps portal you need to define all the steps on CDS. SharePoint mainly meant for storing files, creating lists, tasks, and organizing that with various permission levels.

Coming to migration from one place to another SharePoint also has a lot of limitations in it despite there are many proven migration tools for SharePoint portal migration.

Power Apps portal is a year old technology and still evolving more and more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @KrishnaV and thanks for the response.

I'm trying to compare them because I could reach the same result with both:

a website with simple actions such as add/remove item, listing, basic ux/ui ecc...

Could you clarify better the differences between them? Which one do you suggest to use and why?

As I know Power Apps Portal is a pretty new technology.

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can certainly help you with this before that may I know what is your requirement?

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,785)