cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErwanF
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Progress Bar for file submitted in SP folder.

Hi guys,

Im currently building an apps for document control. I wanted to create progress bar using power apps and power automate based on amount of content inside folder. How can I approach this problem?

A bit of context, the progress bar is to visually represent tool completion. Sub Assembly progress represented by the numbers of file submitted by technician. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ErwanF :

Could you please describe your needs in detail? For example, what is the relationship between the progress bar and the folder? How is progress calculated?

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi Bof, thanks for picking up this question. My concept is to collect numbers of file inside SP folder and linked it with the control in powerapps. 

Screenshot 2022-01-27 073326.png

Which if there's file inside folder, automate will collect the information and fill the control with desired color. Once its filled or filled to a certain condition, powerapps collection/SP list will collect this information and then show it as complete. 

Hi @ErwanF :

Sorry, I still have some doubts:

As we know, when we get a percentage, the formula is the dividend divided by a divisor. Can I consider the number of files in a folder to be the dividend? if so, what is the divisor?

I noticed there are two labels and two sets of percentages in the screenshot you provided, what do they mean?

vbofengmsft_0-1643263048999.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft, apologies for the late reply. Still struggling assimilating in student and worker life.

Ive realise that using division is not really suitable in my environment therefore apologies in advance for attempt in explaining my challenge. 

Answering to your question, say I want to have a folder with maximum 4 file inside and if the user drop 3 file, in my apps, it shows 75percent has been filled. I've realised that doing so will involved many things therefore I might abandon that idea. The two label is actually separate flex container in my Canvas and filled with button that can be toggled.

I was thinking of using power automate to fill control in my Canvas. As long as file is dropped, control in my apps will filled with green colour. I'm trying to avoid help-vampire situation hence the oversimplification of my question. 

Thought?

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,025)