cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepu961856
Regular Visitor

Power Apps + SAP Connector BAPI + Approvals

Hi All,

I am new to PowerApps and designed one app to post document (BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST) data back into SAP. 

here are some steps I followed:

I have few mandatory fields to be entered on screen like : 

Company code, Cost center, Customer and required details in Gallery and post to SAP using BAPI through power automate. 

For Each Combo box .i.e. Company code, cost center, customer it trigger power automate flow to bring data to power app . I have written on select method for this combo boxes. There are total 6-7 combo boxes available. 

Once I enter All my details on power app , I can post the document into SAP. 

Now my tough part is to handle approvals. There are 2 level approvers . 

1. Manager

2. Officer

1.Requestor fill the form and submit the form. It should navigate to manager with form Disabled including all data entered by requestor . once Manager review the data he can approve or reject. Here difficult part is, I don't have unique key to use in Deep linking while sending mail to Manager. how he can see the submitted form in disabled mode with all the filled data from the manager email ? 

2. once Manager approved the form, For officer, Form should be disabled except only posting date should be enabled along with one button called Post to SAP. once he enter posting date & Click Post to SAP button , it call the power automate flow and post the document. 

Please try to help me to achieve 1 & 2. Note : I have implemented all my app in single screen. 

Thanks,

Deepu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. Create a list in SP (use the same fields + 1 "Status". Status should be a choice: Approved, Pending, Not approved)
2. Add the form to your app and remove the Status Card

3. Use PA automate to create and wait for a teams approval.

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nogueira1306
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey! Why dont you create an approval through Power Automate? It should be easier. 

You create the item in SP (only my advice), send the approval with the link to the item, and manager can approve

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

@Nogueira1306 

Thank you for your response.  

can you please elaborate more on the steps .. 

Currently I am sending email from power automate Send Mail v2 but if I open the link from it , it is opening blank form. 

let me know the steps to achieve ? 

I can understand from your reply that I need to store my form data in share point list and use the list item in email? Is my understanding correct ? 

1. Create a list in SP (use the same fields + 1 "Status". Status should be a choice: Approved, Pending, Not approved)

3. Use PA automate to create and wait for a teams approval.

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

@Nogueira1306 

Thank you for your quick response. 

--- I create list in SP and update the list with my all required info.

--- I am missing your point here. Do you telling me that add SP list to for new screen in my existing app ? 

lets assume 3 people submitted the form and 3 requestors has 3 different managers . 

Once I connect my SP list to new screen in the same app, it show all the data from the list. how can I generate unique link from PA automate while sending teams approval ?

3. Use PA automate to create and wait for a teams approval

--- I understand this.

Hi @Nogueira1306 

Followed same approach as of now. Thank you for your inputs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,244)