cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueCatOwner01
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps SharePoint Column Datatype Threshold

Hi all,

I have recently run into a SharePoint look up column threshold when developing my app. I understand that the threshold is set to 12 to maintain performance. That being said, I am trying to find some sort of documentation that lists the threshold for each SharePoint column data type for when integrating with the Power Platform.

For example, is there a limit to the number of single line of text fields?

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

This documentation is for SharePoint Server on-premises.  But the limits should be the same.

Software boundaries and limits for SharePoint Servers 2016 and 2019 - SharePoint Server | Microsoft ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for the link! For the Person or group column type, I am confused as to why the Maximum # columns is listed as 750. I know when you are trying to integrate a power app or use a power automate flow the limit is 12 columns. 

Is 750 referring to the number of columns that the SharePoint lists can have of this data type?

The limit is no more than 12 lookup columns in a view.  You can have more than that in the list itself, you just can't add more than that to an individual view of the list.  The problem is that Power apps doesn't support the use of SharePoint Views.  Power Automate does.  So the list itself can have more than 12 lookup views, but Power Apps can't.  I've worked in the past with one client to use Power Automate to retrieve the data because they had more than 12 lookup columns in their list.  The data was then passed back to Power Apps and stored in a collection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
A-Roosevelt
Frequent Visitor

Hi @BlueCatOwner01  The simple reason why Power Apps does this limiting lookups is because of "Performance".

We don't want Apps that are very slow for our businesses, that's why they kept the default that way..

Cheers...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,427)