cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AresL

Power Apps SharePoint Form newform.aspx doesn't work

Hi,

I have been building Power Apps by customizing SharePoint Forms. 

Usually I can access the forms thru .../Lists/ListName/NewForm.aspx, .../Lists/ListName/EditForm.aspx?ID=x. 

But in certain case, where I created too many fields - around 60 fields (most of them are single line text and currency, only 1 people picker and 1 lookup field, so definitely not exceeding the list limitations) in the list, even if I've published the form, and refresh the form no matter how many times to clear cache, and I go to newform.aspx, it will show the OOTB new form. 

Not sure if there is solution to this issue, as the Newform.aspx is crucial to our business requirements.

Thanks

Ares

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AresL ,

I have made a test and like you mentioned it works fine with the URL to open the New form page or certain edit form page.

But I think the thing is the list contains many columns, so could you please try to export the list to Excel and create a new test list with this worksheet, customize form in PowerApps but with fewer fields?

Not sure if the amount of columns is where the issue coming from. Please update if you have further information.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

AresL

Hi Jeffer,

Thanks for your comments.

I found the issue which was I used Power Automate "Send https request to Sharepoint" to bulk create most of those fields. After lots of testing, found that if I create a new list, the newform.aspx is accessible, but if I use the flow to create all those fields, even just 10 of them, Newform.aspx will go back to the OOTB SP form. Is it a bug?

Ares

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AresL ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Since I have no idea why you are creating a new list in Customize form theory.

If could provide and explain the detailed scenario for me to test, or maybe you post the testing process details, that will be appreciate.

Best regards,

Hi Jeffer,

As there is too many fields to create, so I wrote a Flow to create all those fields in a loop, say Field1, Field2... and choose their types each time, which I think no one wants to repeat doing. After doing that, the list gets buggy, i.e. the newform.aspx won't show the Power Apps customised form, instead it shows the OOTB SP form.

Thanks, 

Ares

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,481)