cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haripowers
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps - SharePoint Look up list column threshold exceeds - Lookup columns only 4including person/group

Hi,

I am getting the SharePoint Lookup list column threshold that exceeds error when I try to create a custom form using PowerApps. SharePoint default form works without error. The strange thing is my list contains only 4 lookup columns including person/group columns. Even if I count choice columns, the total is 8. 

I tried creating another list with the same schema and power apps form works there. But I have to create a power apps form in this list only as it contains a lot of data already. Not sure why power apps throwing threshold error even if there are fewer lookup columns.

Appreciate any help on this. Many thanks

Error screenshot from power apps studio attached

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks a lot @RezaDorrani 

Finally figured out the issue. There were many SharePoint 2010 workflows associated with the list. Which internally has 'workflowstatus' column which is a lookup. PowerApps is throwing the error due to this. Got rid of all these workflows and the form starts working!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @haripowers 

The threshold limit of 12 lookup columns includes lookups, person and managed metadata columns.

Even includes the Modified By and Created By columns by design.

Check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkyW8cWDVoc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

Thanks. But I have only 4 lookup columns which include lookups, person, and managed metadata columns.

Remaining are single line, multi line, 4 choice, 2 hyperlinks

Hi @haripowers 

Can you please share a screenshot of your list/library with all columns.

Screenshot of columns in List settings page would be preferred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi @RezaDorrani 

Please find the attached document with a screenshot of the full list of columns. ( two pages as the columns list is bit long)

Thank you!

I tried deleting the custom power app and recreating, but didn't help

@haripowers 

Definitely looks like something is not right with this list.

You mentioned this list has a lot of data. How much data?

Also, did this list have a different schema earlier?

Are you using content types? Are there any orphaned columns in list?

Same schema works in a different list which definitely points to some schema updated in this list.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi,

Yes, using content types, and there are no orphaned columns. 500 items are in the list. To give more details,

The list was using a power apps form of the older version ( version 3.19 ) which is published in Feb 2019

When I opened the form in power apps and republished it to a new version, this stopped working with the threshold error.

Even if I delete the form and recreate new custom forms, still the error exists.

SharePoint OOB form works without any issues.

Hi @haripowers 

Raise a support ticket with MSFT. There must be some discrepancy with how Power Apps is interacting with this SP list.

Regards,

Reza

Thanks a lot @RezaDorrani 

Finally figured out the issue. There were many SharePoint 2010 workflows associated with the list. Which internally has 'workflowstatus' column which is a lookup. PowerApps is throwing the error due to this. Got rid of all these workflows and the form starts working!

View solution in original post

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,095)