cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brett304

Power Apps SharePoint LookUp

Hello, 

Fairly new to Power Apps and struggling with something that I think should be fairly easy and common.  

I have two SharePoint lists. 

Review and Eligibility

Review has a lookup column that looks up P-Number from the Eligibility list. 

I created a Canvass app and connected both lists to the app. 

On the Canvass app New/Edit form I'm using the P-Number Lookup field from my Review list.  I'd like to have a label, text input, or a custom data card that displays Name based on value selected in the P-Number drop down. 

When I brought the lookup column into SharePoint I also brought name but adding it to the New Form doesn't help.  It remains blank. 

This forum and Shane are my main sources.  I've read several posts and watched PowerApps SharePoint LookUp Column - YouTube but still unable to get it working.  

Premise:  Pick a P-Number value from a SharePoint lookup dropdown menu and display its associated name while the user is editing/entering data into the form.

Any thoughts, or recommendations on what I should be looking at? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Brett304 

So, the Choices function will strip out all of the relevant record information except the Id and Value of the Lookup results.

So, for your Label Text property:

LookUp(Eligibility, ID = yourP-NumberDropdown.Selected.Id, nameColumn)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Brett304 

What is the Items property of your dropdown?  Depending on that formula, you can derive the value from that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes , Thanks Randy, the items property on P-Number is Choices([@'CWBG Review Form'].P_x002d_Number)  CWBG Review Form is the SharePoint list.  PNumber (yuck spaces) is a lookup column in the review list. 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Brett304 

So, the Choices function will strip out all of the relevant record information except the Id and Value of the Lookup results.

So, for your Label Text property:

LookUp(Eligibility, ID = yourP-NumberDropdown.Selected.Id, nameColumn)

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes I owe you a tasty beverage of your choice!  You are a gentleman and a scholar.  

I had to tweak it a little but I got it to work:  

LookUp(CWBGEligibleLkup,ID=DataCardValue40.Selected.Id, Name)

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Brett304 

Yes, I intended for you to substitute in the proper names as used in your app...so, you did the right thing!

I will always gladly enjoy a tasty beverage!!  And otherwise, just glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,242)