cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey_T
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps Studio no longer recognizes some formulas...?

I'm not sure of the problem I'm having or how to troubleshoot it, hoping someone here can provide some guidance.  

I have a PowerApp built for a SharePoint List where the list in its entirety has maybe 100 or so fields.  Fields are shown/hidden based on a dropdown value in my PowerApp. 

The "save" icon also has a formula for DisplayMode where If(ddRequestType.Selected.RequestType="A Certain Request Type",Edit,Disabled).  

The save icon no longer shows/hides in Power Apps Studio based on the request type, it just shows disabled all of the time, although it used to work at one point.  It does seem to work when the App is published, though?  

Creating a label with text = ddRequestType.Selected.RequestType just says "blank" regardless of the request type I select.  

Another Power Apps user says my form is inefficient and it probably is, but will it literally not function the way I have it set up?  

6 REPLIES 6
zmorek
Super User
Super User

Has anything changed with this control: ddRequestType.Selected.RequestType; what's its Items property?

Nothing purposely changed, no.  It is the second value of a cascading dropdown where

Items = Filter('Intake Request Types', IntakeQualifier = ddIntakeQualValue.Selected.Result)

zmorek
Super User
Super User

Hmmm has anything changed with the column "RequestType"? Are you getting any errors anywhere?

No errors (surprisingly!), just what appears to be a loss of functionality in the formulas...  I need to delete one of the available RequestTypes but haven't done so until I can figure this out.  

zmorek
Super User
Super User

Something seems funky, for sure! Have you tried creating a new dropdown, inserting the same Items() formula, then adding a text field to see if it recognizes that dropdown? 

Stacey_T
Helper I
Helper I

I tried creating a new dropdown for RequestType just now (so Items = Filter('Intake Request Types', IntakeQualifier = ddIntakeQualValue.Selected.Result) but it is still saying the value is "blank".   

Stacey_T_0-1650319687779.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,279)