cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AengusHeaney
Microsoft
Microsoft

Power Apps Test Studio Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched the new Power Apps Test Studio to help you build end-to-end tests for your Canvas apps. You can read more about it in this blog post. As you use the tool, we’d love to hear your feedback, so we can prioritize the next set of improvements, any features that are missing, or any of the current behaviors that may not be ideal.What kinds of tests are you writing? Is there anything that is too hard to understand, and that we could make easier? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the tool. You can also access this post directly from the "Provide Feedback" link in the Test Studio.

110 REPLIES 110

Thank you @mattgo unfortunately I will have much more items so it will not go that easy.

However I have found something I don't see any workaround for within table.

I have selectable items in a table column. Once I record in Test Studio and select rows from Vendor column , Test Studio doesn't see row number in any way. Whatever I click it always sees each row as 'aib_filename_Column1' thus I am not able to replicate tests depending on row number.

Any idea how to work with it?

Emejcz_1-1644823199758.png

@Emejcz, this is a known gap in functionality, specifically Data tables are not supported by the Select and SetProperty functions. Currently there is no workaround. Addressing this limitation and the others listed on the linked page is a priority for us, we'll share updates on the Power Apps blog as we extend Test Studio to support additional controls.

Sush

I am trying to Navigate to one screen using ms Test studio using command given below:

Navigate('ScreenID')
while executing Test case , it is able to navigate to screen whose id is mentioned in navigate function.
but ms test studio is stuck at this step . It is not able to move to next steps .
What can be possible root cause of this issue?
mattgo
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Sush, the test orchestrator will wait until the app is idle after each test step before continuing to the next one. Is there anything in your app that could be causing the app to not reach an "idle" state after navigating to the page (for example a timer)?

Hi mattgo,

There is no timer but there is one error 'Invalid operation: divide by zero ' which i am getting while loading screen at the top of screen. This error comes for faction of second and then disappears once screen loads the data from sharepoint.

AlHal2
Helper I
Helper I

I have a script with about 230 actions.  There is an error in the middle of it.  When I try to scroll to the error it waits a minute the goes to the very top or very bottom of the test.  Very annoying.

PowerunAppy
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I have several environments in which PowerApps are installed.

1. The original environment we had when we first started.
  2. The current Production environment
  3. The current Test environment
  4. The current Development environment

When I activate the test feature in a Power Apps from the Development environment, the test loads, but displays the original environment, not the Development environment in which the Power App is installed.

I am somewhat relieved that when I browse the original environment, I don't see a copy of my Development PowerApp.  Would somebody please sort out this inconsistency?

@PowerunAppy thank you for the feedback!  When Test Studio is launched from Canvas Studio > Advanced Tools we don't establish a separate environment context, rather the tool connects into the same authoring session as Canvas Studio.  Hence what you're observing is benign, albeit confusing.  We've noted this as a part of the experience that we should improve.

@AlHal2 glad to see you've made such extensive use of this feature but sorry to hear about the usability issue. I've noted this as a bug we should investigate.

G_pistulkar

Untitled1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,826)