cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AengusHeaney
Microsoft
Microsoft

Power Apps Test Studio Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched the new Power Apps Test Studio to help you build end-to-end tests for your Canvas apps. You can read more about it in this blog post. As you use the tool, we’d love to hear your feedback, so we can prioritize the next set of improvements, any features that are missing, or any of the current behaviors that may not be ideal.What kinds of tests are you writing? Is there anything that is too hard to understand, and that we could make easier? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the tool. You can also access this post directly from the "Provide Feedback" link in the Test Studio.

121 REPLIES 121
dudheyog

Hi @AengusHeaney ,

While testing the Application using Test Studio, we cannot select a any of the radio button inside a gallery.

dudheyog_0-1656485296593.png

AustinJonesMSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

@dudheyog does your radio control happen to be in a gallery that is nested within another gallery?  If so, that scenario currently isn't supported (known limitations).  If not, does the issue affect you when authoring the test (e.g. recording steps, or modifying test step formula), or during playback?  

I tried to repro the issue with a radio control in simple gallery and I am able to both author and playback the test successfully.

MonkeyDluffy_05
Frequent Visitor

I currently POC the Test Studio, and my assert keeps on failing. 

MonkeyDluffy_05_0-1659501809549.png

My Datasource CountRows before run should be 10 and the after run should be 11. checking the datasource manually, all test data reflected properly. can anyone help me with this?

lastly, I am hoping that you will allow multiple publish, just to make sure that all changes will materialize.

Hi @ravinder , were you able to solve you problem here ?. had almost the same issue, though it's related to datasource checking. I was hoping to get some ideas from you!. thanks!

@AengusHeaney @AustinJonesMSFT , Hi guys! can you help me on this ? Thank you!

If you have simple/POC msapp that can reproduce this issue, can you share it with me at aksharpatel AT microsoft dot com. Additionally, it will be nice if you can provide any screenshots, recordings, or any other debugging information. 

Andrew555
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

This is a good idea, a couple of points for feedback:

• publishing the app every time you make a change to the test case is a problem because I make a minor change to a test because of an error in my expressions or because of a slight modification to something like a trace and then I have to wait around 5 minutes just to see the test. I feel like publishing the test and publishing the app should be separate components and publishing the test should not be dependent on publishing the app.
  • A better UI for creating new 'Cases'. It took me a while to figure out how to create new cases. I kept looking at the button for 'New suite' and wondering why I could make a suite and not a case. Then I found it after clicking on Suite, the button for 'New case' appears. It probably shouldn't be hidden.
  • Should be a default way to view Traces. They are made so that they are an obvious choice when logging data, but then in order to actually see the traces you have to implement code. I feel these traces should be displayed in the browser when running a test.
murakami0316

I could not save tests when its application is managed with git.

Is it because using git is test phase?

hkhan96
Regular Visitor

When recording for a test, it does not include the action of adding an attachment file to the form. 

Hi @murakami0316 , you are correct that Test Studio won't work when the experimental Git version control is enabled.  We note this here in the Git feature documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/git-version-control#known-limitations.  I realize we can make this clearer in the Test Studio documentation as well.  I will make a note to add some clarification here.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,639)