cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft AengusHeaney
Microsoft

Re: Power Apps Test Studio Feedback discussion thread

Thanks @RemiChambard2 and @londontoholland for the additional details and you patience! - can you send me the specific version number you are on as i have tried with the edge beta, canary and dev builds and cannot repro the behaviour you are experiencing. 

londontoholland
Level: Powered On

@AengusHeaney hey, thanks for the reply. I'm on Chrome 75.0.3770.100

RemiChambard2

I'm on Edge 80.0.361.33 (64 bits).

Coudn't be also due to my version of Power Apps and/or Tenant location ?

Fandi

Hi @AengusHeaney, I'm currently investigating the possibility to use Test Studio for Dynamics 365 model-driven app.

I understand that testing component behavior is not supported by Test Studio yet. However I'm curious whether Test Studio team has any roadmap regarding this feature. Specifically, whether Test Studio can be expected to test Dynamics 365 model-driven app behavior in the near future.

RemiChambard2

Hi @AengusHeaney 

I have made a lot of tests the past days and I think I have figured out what could cause my "stuck" issue.

It seems that it is due to a Timer control on my first screen.

This Timer control auto starts on the first screen and increment a context variable every second. When this Timer control is set to "Auto start", Test Studio stays stuck on the first step. I have to switch to another tab of my browser to make it works again. But when I come back to Test Studio it's stuck again.

When I "disable" the Timer Control by setting it to "Auto start" = false, everthing just works fine.

LauraGB
Level 8

In the documentation for the Trace function it says:

All Trace messages can also be viewed in the Power Apps Monitor tool, which will help in debugging or identifying issues for real-time diagnostic sessions for your app.

I've tried adding Trace steps to my cases but nothing appears in the Monitor tool.

Regards

Laura GB

RemiChambard2

@AengusHeaney , to give you more information on my issue, the Timer control I use updates multiple labels (acting as time counters) on the sceen every second. I think the fact that the screen is continuously updating impact the way the Test Studio runs.

Highlighted
Microsoft AengusHeaney
Microsoft

@LauraGB, I'll update the docs to clarify this statement. The Monitor tool provides a list of activities happening in your app when the app is played from the Canvas studio. If you have Trace messages in the app, these will be visible in the events shown in the Monitor tool. 

Microsoft AengusHeaney
Microsoft

@John742 - just to confirm that the navigate function bug is now deployed in all regions.  

Microsoft AengusHeaney
Microsoft

@Fandi Yes, we will be reviewing the capability to have Test studio test Model-driven apps in the future. I cannot provide an ETC and it will be a semester or two before we get this to feature, but it is on the roadmap. EasyRepro  is the alternative for Model driven testing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,578)