cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AengusHeaney
Microsoft
Microsoft

Power Apps Test Studio Feedback discussion thread

We recently launched the new Power Apps Test Studio to help you build end-to-end tests for your Canvas apps. You can read more about it in this blog post. As you use the tool, we’d love to hear your feedback, so we can prioritize the next set of improvements, any features that are missing, or any of the current behaviors that may not be ideal.What kinds of tests are you writing? Is there anything that is too hard to understand, and that we could make easier? This community post will be used to consolidate all feedback on the tool. You can also access this post directly from the "Provide Feedback" link in the Test Studio.

66 REPLIES 66

Hi Laura,

How did you automated the test studio in Azure Pipeline. I'm facing difficulties while doing so. Is any any blog/docs on the same.

Hi @VikashMahato ,

I used these guides. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/get-started/key-pipelines-concepts?view=azur...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/create-first-pipeline?view=azure-devops&tabs...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/test-studio-classic-pipeline-editor

It was fiddly to set up at first, but once its running, you just have to paste in your new test script urls into the GitHub step 2 - Create Test URL.json

Ive managed to get the results feeding into a couple of Dataverse tables, which I would hope long term I can present for analysis/reporting in PowerBI, but I am a little way off that yet!

johndpalmsd
Advocate I
Advocate I

I know the blog post from January 2020 states the work on "controls in components" is not yet complete (which was confirmed by the recording error below).  I'm using a component with just a gallery that changes screens for navigation, which was the reason I searched for and found the Test Studio. 

Is there a roadmap or update scheduled for the Test Studio?

johndpalmsd_1-1616607187886.png

johndpalmsd_0-1616607015461.png

Thanks you for sharing the information. I have successfully setup the pipeline everything seems working fine but only "Make teams call" is getting exported, the app created by me are not getting exported.

I can see the solution getting exported but not the apps. The same process works if I do it manually by exporting and importing the solution.

Hello @johndpalmsd

We are still working on Test Studio roadmap, but we don't currently have a specific timeline for supporting components yet. Will keep you posted as we have new updates. 

Thanks

Ayissi-Boris
Regular Visitor

hi, 

i got an error about telemetry when i run my test using azure devops tools

tests autamatically fail 

that is the log

AyissiBoris_0-1625213096215.png

DDucolonSBUX
Frequent Visitor

When writing test suites of over 50 actions the form for editing the actions cannot keep focus.  For example, I am on item #30 and click on 31 and suddenly I am at item 78.  Then I scroll back to the 25 to 35 range and the UI jumps again when I set focus on a line.  If I scroll up and down some random # of times the line numbers that work change but the behavior still persists.  I am using Google Chrome at 100% zoom scale.  The app is a canvas app not in a solution but when adding it to a solution the behavior is equally difficult to use.  Animated GIF attached showing behavior

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,609)